With the software that bloggers have these days, setting up a blog is much simpler than it used to be. Nowadays, blogging has become more and more popular. Practically all businesses benefit from it as a tool to attract more customers.
In the professional world, blogs are seen as an easy way to communicate with customers to increase or improve credibility and trust. Apart from that, to connect and keep in touch with people on the Internet has become an easy task through blogs as well.
However, keeping a blog up to date can be a bit time consuming. Therefore, typically quite a few new blogs will not be looked after properly. A reason for this is mainly a lack of time professionals usually have. That effect may not be obvious in the beginning, however, it will be later.
If you want to have an optimal blog working for you rather than you working for it, there are some ways to help you. It will take you about 20 minutes at the most for one new entry if you follow and implement these steps.
However, it is always good to have some extra time for thoroughly reviewing, reading and commenting on your own blog as well as on other sites on the Internet. By following this method, you will not lose your readers but increase your traffic numbers.
So, what are the characteristics of a popular and flourishing blog?
- Significant and unique content. You need to write relevant content, and you can tell and share stories to underline your knowledge and skills as well. Everything you are presenting has to give value to your readers, and you have to make them aware of that. Furthermore, if they have questions, or if they need help, it should be as simple and convenient as possible to contact you.
- Publish regularly. There is no need for writing the articles too long. The more important points for your subscribers are substance and value.
- Useful links. This is significant for increasing traffic in your niche. Fact finding for themes for your site can be done online. Leave comments on other blogs when ever you can. Make them understand that you actually invest time reading their blog entries, and that you are interested in their topic.
- Submitting to blog directories and doing trackbacks. If you are not experienced in this, look for some expert advice. Some sites offer various training materials which might be helpful, and there are quite a few e-books where you can find useful tips and methods on how to deal with it.
- Tracking your visitors. Have your blog set up for tracking your visitors. This will assist you in estimating how many people are coming in and are returning to your blog.
- A list of all your products and services. Monitor if the landing pages are linked properly. It is most annoying for someone having been linked to a site not related to your blog topic at all. If you have a shopping cart, you can use your affiliate links and ad tracking features for easy access.
- Linking to your own website and vice versa. Having another site linking to your blog is always the better choice than having one included in your website. A separate site gives you further opportunities to attract more different types of visitors. Why advertising on one when there are two ways?
- Overselling on Blogs. These days, your readers are quite educated. They are usually experienced enough to notice heavy marketing. If this occurs, interest will probably stop, and they will abandon your site. They see it regularly, so don’t upset them.
- Patience. Even though that some blogs are doing well right from the start, others will take time. Even if you update constantly, don’t think of an immediate success. Just sit back and think of different designs, methods and ways which will help you to make your blogs more flourishing.
Blogging should not be looked at as something insignificant. Once you understand what you are doing it can be very productive for you.
Filed under: blogging
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!