While social networking is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family, it is quickly becoming a new way to make money from home. You can easily market to potential customers using these ten sites, and include your friends and family members in your advertising.
You can develop relationships with people, and introduce them to whatever you’re offering. If you haven’t looked into the social networking scene yet, then it’s time to do so. If you don’t know where to start with social networking, you’ve come to the right place. These are the ten top social networking websites, and what they have to offer to you.
1. MySpace – The biggest social networking site for general purposes, this site is essential if you’re trying to meet people and start conversations online. Millions of people use MySpace, and you should too.
2. Facebook: Facebook is similar to MySpace and is another great social networking tool. It offers many unique features that MySpace does not, making it worthwhile to belong to both websites.
3. YouTube: YouTube is best known for videos, but it is also a social networking website that allows you to maintain your own channel of uploaded videos that you can then share with others. You can not only build relationships here but it can be used for viral marketing.
4. LinkedIn: A social networking site geared toward connecting business professionals in many different industries. It is a great way to ‘link’ with other people who share your business interests.
5. Twitter: A site that focuses on the phenomenon of microblogging, which allows you to share quick tidbits of information with your friends and other people.
6. Classmates: Classmates.com is a social networking website that allows you to keep up with people from your graduating class. With this website you can keep in touch with or find old friends.
7. Xanga: A world-wide blogging community that can connect you to people with similar interests using blogging and by uploading videos and photos.
8. Squidoo: A site which allows users to build their own websites, called lenses, about anything they wish, and is rising in popularity quickly.
9. MSN Groups: A division of MSN. this social network facilitates online community and allows you to find and communicate with a wide variety of different people.
10. AOL Hometown: this is a similar network to MSN Groups, except it is owned by the America Online company. It is a community section of AOL where you can find and chat with people all over the world.
Of course, there are many other options out there beyond these. By using each one in their own way, along with other sites, your business and consumer base can grow rapidly, and globally. Socially, these sites have obvious benefits, but they can help economically and even with online marketing. Armed with this list, get out there and supercharge your social life (and business!).
Filed under: affiliate marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!